Terms and Conditions
1. Website Usage Policy
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Petticoat Lane takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
2. Copyright Notice
This website and its content is copyright of Petticoat Lane Shop – © 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Our website is intended for use as an online shop enabling you to browse and/or purchase our products and services.
In using this website you agree to:
- use this site responsibly and for the purpose for which it is intended.
- ensure that your user name and password (if you have opted to register with us) are kept safe.
- ensure that you have a valid PayPal account or credit card before making a purchase.
- be bound by all Terms and Conditions as laid out on this page and on other parts of our website.
In using this website you agree not to:
- use this site for malicious purposes, including spam, hacking or infection with malicious content or scripts.
- allow anyone in your care under the age of 18 to attempt to purchase or otherwise procure items from this website. All purchases must be made by an adult, with a valid PayPal account and/or debit/credit card.
- plagiarise or otherwise copy the design or content including photographic images of the shop, interior and exterior design and display, logos of the shop and of this website either in image form or in any other retail outlet. Any abuse of this website through malicious use or deliberate infringement of our copyright may result in legal action being taken by us and/or legal action being taken by our suppliers.
The item that is sent to you may not necessarily be the exact one shown on the website. Measurements are given as a guide and are approximate. All efforts are made to represent colours as true to life as possible, but please note that colours may appear different on different monitors. The items from Petticoat Lane’s website (unless otherwise stated) are not intended as toys and should be treated as such.
Payment is via HSBC Global Payments. You can pay using a valid credit/debit card. You are responsible for the correct functioning and validity of your debit/credit card. If you are unable to complete a purchase, please empty your basket and contact us immediately for assistance as we may be able to reserve the item(s) for you. We also have the facility to take payment over the phone and are fully PCI compliant to ensure your data protection. Please note that we are unable to send an order out until payment has been received and has cleared. At no time do we have access to any of your personal account details unless they are given over the phone and we are obliged by law and under the terms of PCI Compliance to destroy the details immediately after payment has been received.
5. Technical Support
Our shop is hosted on the third-party CubeCart platform and uses the HSBC Global Payments gateway. Therefore we do not have full control over parts of this website’s functionality. Should you experience any difficulty in placing an order or completing a payment, please let us know by email, or through our contact form. We will endeavour to assist you as quickly as possible, but please be aware that some technical issues will be beyond our control and will be referred to the relevant third party for further investigation.